for governments and donors
CTI PFAN’s goals are to accelerate technology transfer and diffusion under the UNFCCC, reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, promote low-carbon, sustainable economic development, and help facilitate the transition to a low-carbon economy by increasing financing opportunities for promising clean energy projects.
CTI PFAN achieves this by originating technically and commercially viable clean energy and climate change projects, nurturing their development through mentoring provided by networks of in-country financial advisors, entrepreneurs and technical experts and then facilitating investment through its global investor network
CTI PFAN has 10 years of project origination and preparation experience and has developed a project pipeline of over 302 clean energy and climate change projects in developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, CIS and Central Asia. It has raised over USD 802 million of private sector financing, representing ca. 590 MW of clean generation capacity and an aggregate annual GHG mitigation potential of over 2.6 million tonnes of CO2 e.
PFAN supported projects increase access to clean and modern energy services, helping reduce poverty and positively impacting sustainable development goals (health, gender equality, education, employment). The CTI PFAN approach also contributes to the establishment and development of local financial and consultancy markets and eco-systems in the countries in which PFAN operates.
- Opportunity for investors to access investment-ready projects from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe including renewable energy, energy access, energy efficiency, and climate change projects.
- Selection by a jury of eminent clean energy and climate experts and investors of the best business plans for the PFAN Global Clean Energy and Climate Investment Awards.
- Projects have been selected for their commercial viability, social and environmental benefits and have all received intensive coaching from PFAN professional advisors.
- Launch of PFAN under new UNIDO / REEEP hosting: PFAN will formally unveil its new governance and hosting structure and announce its plans for scaling its operations and accessing wholesale capital markets.
- Networking opportunity for investors, project developers, energy and climate financing consultants, as well as development partners in the clean energy, low carbon and climate spaces.
- Registration will open shortly.
Further information will be circulated in due course. Please send queries to Ms. Ylwa Pettersson (Y.PETTERSSON@unido.org; +43 1 26026 3978).
The event is organized by the Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) supported by United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) in cooperation with the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP), and will take place in conjunction with the Vienna Energy Forum.